Monday, January 10, 2005

Rainy Weekends

Latigo Flint loves rainy weekends. When the heavens choose to coat Saturday and Sunday with a heaping serving of precipitation, Latigo Flint joyfully responds with a Clint Eastwood western movie marathon, viewed without interruption and in chronological order of course.

Usually right around the time Clint is forcing a town to paint itself red while he gives piggyback rides to a gun-toting midget (which would be approximately 19 straight hours into the marathon) is when Latigo Flint completely looses his mind. He starts screaming instructions to the TV, ("LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU MY LEIGE!!!") rocking back and forth, throwing plates, things of that nature. Then Latigo Flint downs a bottle of whiskey, two handfuls of barbiturates, and sleeps until Monday morning.

But not last weekend. Oh it rained, and Latigo Flint started his traditional movie marathon, and around the typical time the whiskey and barbs were consumed but this time Latigo Flint didn't go to sleep. Instead Latigo Flint donned a recently purchased serape, (Latigo Flint's serape collection is considered by many to be among the finest anywhere outside of Mexico.) and went for a lovely stroll to downtown El Monte and back, a total of 47 miles.

Or to be more accurate, Latigo Flint is pretty sure it was lovely. Truth be told he remembers very little of it. There is a slim chance Latigo Flint shot a hobo to death in a muddy field behind an abandoned South Pasadena warehouse but with the exception of that, the memory fragments are all quite pleasant.

11 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger Blog ho said...

I saw Hang em High, this weekend. Clint was a god. so cool. i crave that kind of coolness.

Also, I hope you roll your own smokes.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Jack Mercer said...

Latigo, do more walkin' in the rain, less movie marathons...much more therapeutic. (except for who you shoot along the way...)

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Zach Pennington said...

At least you got to see some quality entertainment on Sunday (or were on your stroll) and didn't have to suffer through the football games. But the Saturday ones were exciting.

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same ritual on rainy days. Only my last vague memory didn't invlove me shooting someone. I think I may have had sex with a food proudct.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Anti-Blogger said...

Happens all the time to me. Don't worry about it. But I usually do my shooting more in the open. Like at a mall.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Victoria said...

Thanks for the visit! (shhh, don't tell).. I'll be back to read more..

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Latigo Flint said...

Gunslingers never tell Vic, they're very honorable. Latigo Flint is a tad confused though, since he doesn't actually remember visiting your site... Is yours the one about wombat fetishes?

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Victoria said...

..you wrote something about "satire"..

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Latigo Flint said...

Ohhhhhh yeah - it's all coming back to me now.

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 questions:

1. Fetishes belonging to wombats, or human fetishes about wombats?
2. Kinda like that Celine Dion song?

-ac

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I elect to comment under this post in order to easily refer to the questions in dispute.
Now, I'm not sure if I really need to clarify, since your opus of late is the spawn of my confusion, and I'm ever so happy to contribute to your creativity.

However, I do want to make it known that in my head, I totally and completely made sense. (I think that might be a running theme/problem with me.)

So, FYI--
question 1 references your comment of 12:37 PM.
question 2 references your comment at 2:57PM.
(see above for said comments.)

Either way you swing it, it's not that funny. Bummer.

-ac

 

Post a Comment

<< Home