Monday, November 08, 2004

Everyone Does That

Look, there isn't a computer user out there who hasn't waved their hand back and forth real fast in front of their monitor to make the many-finger strobey effect... and so then what's the big deal if you happen to take a Scottish accent and say:

"Oh Shamus, the boy 'ave fifteen fingers on each 'and 'e does.


Aye Mary 'e does indeed.


Oh but Shamus 'ow will our lad ever succeed ina judgmental world wit' thirty fingers on 'is 'ands?


I dunna know Mary, I dunna know. Perhaps 'e gets 'imself big gloves and stuffs multiple fingers ina each glove finger.


Dunna worry your 'eads Mum and Pa. I may 'ave thirty fingers where as most 'ave only ten but I feel no shame in me 'eart and I'll live my life just as I please with me 'ead 'eld 'igh.


Oh our boy! Our wonderful, brave boy!"


And if at that point you notice the whole office is gathered around behind you, staring with equal amounts of mirth and disgust, you would naturally tell everyone to "Screw off, what are you looking at, everyone does this. You think you're so much better than me?" And at that point if they continued staring you'd be justified in throwing your stapler at one of them... right? Right.

(I hope.)

2 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger V said...

You can be even further justified in knowing that each and every one of them, to the last man/woman, went back to their cubicles and did just that very finger waving.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger V said...

Hell, I did it just now. And it wasn't the first time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home